GALLERY 3 FORT RENO, EL RENO, OKLAHOMA 

PRESERVATION ARCHITECTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT

Historic Fort Reno, El Reno, Oklahoma.  All of the buildings in this gallery date from 1876 to 1944.  Fort Reno was established as a military post in 1875, and construction of permanent building began in 1876.  Fort Reno was first established to quell the unrest among the Indians in the region during 1874.   During World War II, an internment camp was established on the eastern side of the Fort property.   The Fort became one of the remount depots for the Army in 1908 through 1947.  




FORT RENO CHAPEL 1944
 

INSIDE CHAPEL 
 

FORT RENO CAVALRY BARRACKS 1900
 

FORT RENO GUARD HOUSE 1891





NEWLY RENOVATED OFFICERS QUARTERS
 

FORT RENO OFFICERS QUARTERS 1891
 

FORT RENO OFFICERS QUARTERS 1876
 

FOR RENO COMMISSARY 1800





NEW VISITOR CENTER
 

GRAZINGLANDS RESEARACH LABORATORY AT FORT RENO
 

NATIONAL CEMETERY 
AT FORT RENO
 

GRAVE MARKER
FORT RENO CEMETERY





image