GALLERY 5 · MARLAND MANSION, PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA
PRESERVATION ARCHITECTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT
E.W. Marland was an oilman and the founder of Marland Oil Company. He
was also a United States Congressman and the 10th Governor of Oklahoma.
The mansion was constructed between 1925 and 1928, by Master Architect John
Duncan. In 1941, the Marland Mansion was sold to the Carmelite Fathers.
In 1948, the mansion was sold to the Felician Sisters. In 1975, the
mansion was purchased by the City of Ponca City.
The Marland Mansion is a 55 room Italian Renaissance Mansion and contains
approximately 43,500 square feet covering four levels. It has 10 bedrooms,
7 fireplaces, and 3 kitchens. The mansion sits on 30 acres.